The Tasmanian Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme is a joint initiative of the Tasmanian Government and Aurora Energy to assist the Tasmanian community with the purchase of energy efficient products.
Updating to energy efficient products can make a practical, cost-effective difference to the energy running costs for your home or small business.
Before applying, you should seek advice on energy efficiency and suitable products to help maximise the benefit of your purchase and this where we may be able to help you but you should note that products can only be purchased from a supplier that has been operating in Tasmania since 1 November 2015. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to source quotes and arrange for the delivery/installation of the product(s) directly with the supplier.
Purchases of between $500 and $40,000 may be eligible depending on whether the purchase is for your home or small business
The type of products that are eligible for purchase are listed below:
- Heat pumps
- Solar panels
- Solar power battery storage
- Efficient wood heater
- Hot water system – gas, air source heat pump or solar
- Condensation control system
- Ceiling and floor insulation
- Double glazing
- Block out curtains, blinds and pelmets
- Fridge, freezer or washing machine – Min 3 Star Energy Rated
- Lighting upgrades – residential or small business
- Irrigation pumps – small business
- Building upgrades – small business
- Industrial refrigeration – small business